Each week we'll be asking our writers to place a £5 wager on their tip from the weekend's fixtures. We will be running a handy league table to show who's doing well, or not so well, to help you decide if you wish to follow the advice or avoid it like the plague.
• John Brewin: John's off to Wembley on Saturday and will watching on extra-intently from the press box as he hopes Chelsea beat Liverpool to nil in the FA Cup final. Odds of 4.00 for such an occurrence can be found at bet365.
• Jon Carter:Credit-crunch Carter has a bit of space between himself and the bottom of the table, but he's aiming even higher as he picks a bet that will take him into the black if it comes off. Wigan are fighting for their Premier League lives and JC thinks that Victor Moses will give them the lead at Blackburn on Monday. Odds of 9.50 are available with bet365.
• Dale Johnson: At risk of dropping into negative numbers, Dale is hoping that QPR keep both him and themselves afloat with a 2-0 victory over Stoke at Loftus Road. Odds of 9.00 are on offer with bet365.
• Dom Raynor: Massive congratulations to Dom, who became a father this week - but he's going to need a big punt to come off if he is to become the daddy of the Soccernet Showdown again this year. Like Dom, Swansea's Andrea Orlandi became a papa in the past seven days, so he's being backed to score anytime against Man Utd at odds of 23.00 with bet365.
• Robin Hackett: Hoping to do a Manchester City and make a decisive move in the title race, Robin thinks he's found that ever-elusive value in the market. It seems far-fetched but we've seen pictorial evidence that over 2.5 goals in Blackburn v Wigan indeed comes in at delightful odds of 6.50 withbet365.
• Mark Lomas: Just a week away from potentially shedding his "Loser" tag, Lomas is riddled with excitement. He's hoping that the bet to send him safe will also send the title race down to the wire as he's backing Newcastle to draw with Manchester City. That's 4.20 with bet365.
• James Dall: Debt-ridden Dall is heading towards the nadir of his betting career as bottom spot beckons, but he's determined to go out with a bang and his "cavalier" (his words not ours) wager this week is Rafael van der Vaart to score anytime and Spurs to beat Villa 3-1. With odds of 21.00 available at bet365, James would be propelled up the table should it come off.
• Rob Brooks: The man out in front is incommunicado again so we've plumped for an FA Cup final bet - Fernando Torres to repeat his hat-trick heroics of last weekend. Odds of 81.00 can be found at bet365 for the Chelsea man to bag a treble against his former club.
1. Rob Brooks: £98.80
2. Robin Hackett: £88.85
3. Dale Johnson: £7.00
4. Dom Raynor: -£13.00
5. Mark Lomas: -£25.00
6. John Brewin: -£34.90
7. Jon Carter: -£45.05
8. James Dall: -£78.00
Last season's standings:
1. Dom Raynor: £890.50
2. Jon Carter: £5.25
3. John Brewin: £5.00
4. Robin Hackett: -£8.90
5. Dale Johnson: -£11.00
6. Brett Taylor: -£54.50
7. Tom Adams: -£74.00
8. Mark Lomas: -£90.25